A new beta branch of CS:GO, version 220.127.116.11rc, has released and it features a revised version of Inferno as well as a number of other fixes to recently reported bugs.
The main selling point of tonight’s prerelease update (which is part of the 18.104.22.168rc Beta depot of the game) is a revised Inferno, which has already received massive acclaim on social media from pros and community members for being a noticeably improved rework of the map.
A run-through of the map that shows that many of the old maps flaw’s have received a Valve makeover, such as poor visibility on the A bombsite and an overall dark map design, a too narrow chokepoint at Banana, and clunky car models which impeded firefights.
Valve have also seemingly been quite active in responding to bug reports for a number of issues which were introduced with the recent hitbox updates (and some being even older).
As a result, this branch sees a couple of changes to crouch spamming in mid-air (which caused visual stutter), remaining crouched while taking over a bot, a buggy bomb plant animation while crouched, a molotov bug related to not exploding on ledges, and viewmodel distortion when looking straight up or down.
In addition, Windows 10 users who are not quite tech savvy might rejoice from a new in-game recommendation which explains how to disable the frame limiting Xbox DVR effect and the UI for the amount of blur one experiences while moving and scoped-in has been updated to more correctly reflect one’s inaccuracy.
Finally, fans of movement game modes such as KZ maps, vehicle maps, or air combat maps will rejoice as Valve have added a numbers of convars to help facilitate community servers running those modes.
The changelog for CS:GO beta version 22.214.171.124rc is:
- A revised version of de_inferno is available in the Beta depot. Check it out and send us your feedback!
- Added a 0.4 second cooldown to the crouch button to reduce the visual noise from spamming crouch in the air.
- This is tunable via the convar sv_timebetweenducks.
- Fixed a case where a player’s crouch state did not match the state of the +duck key. The most noticeable case was when taking over a bot that was crouching.
- Adjusted bomb plant animation when planting the bomb while already crouched.
- Fixed a bug where molotovs/incendiary grenades did not generate flames when they exploded on the corner of a ledge.
- Reduced viewmodel rotational effect when pointing a weapon at near-vertical angles
[XBOX GAME DVR]
- Added a performance recommendation for Windows 10 users explaining how to disable Game DVR if it is enabled.
- Sniper scopes are much more responsive to your actual accuracy; the blur is driven by your current inaccuracy.
- NOTE: There are no gameplay changes to scoped accuracy. The display now more-correctly represents your current inaccuracy.
- Crosshair blur fidelity improved.
- New console variable cl_crosshair_sniper_show_normal_inaccuracy (default 0) includes standing inaccuracy and spread in your sniper crosshair blur.
- Gameplay convars for community servers & workshop maps:
- weapon_air_spread_scale (default 1): Games that focus on air combat can set this to a lower value to improve weapon accuracy for players in the air.
- sv_enablebunnyhopping (default 0): Disables the air-velocity clamping to 110% of maximum running speed.
- sv_autobunnyhopping (default 0): Holding +jump causes players to automatically re-jump at the exact landing tick.
To test the changes yourself, you need to head over to your Steam library, go to CS:GO Properties, switch to the Betas tab and choose the “126.96.36.199rc -” option.
If you would like to take part in reporting bugs so that they can be resolved sooner, there is a Beta depot bug megathread on the CS:GO Reddit which can be found here.
Photo credit: User /u/roge- on the Global Offensive Subreddit